By now you have heard that states like California, Illinois and New York have issued a mandatory Shelter in Place, Stay at Home or Safer at Home order for its residents. Currently, Florida is not under such an order, but many of the counties and cities we serve currently are. Please know that Elite Coastal Healthcare is exempted from such orders as healthcare qualifies under an essential service. Many would argue it’s one of the most important essential services in a time like this. Therefore, we will continue to be open and available to our patients during a Shelter in Place, Stay at Home or Safer at Home order.
What is a Shelter in Place and how does it differ from a Stay at Home or Safer at Home order?
In the case of the corona virus, a Shelter in Place order mandates residents to stay in their homes and limit travel to essential trips, like picking up groceries, going to the bank or receiving medical care. Shelter in Place orders generally close all non-essential businesses including restaurants, bars, nightclubs, gyms, etc. It states that individuals must maintain at least six feet from people when you go outside, even for exercise, which is permitted. In most cases, the terms Shelter in Place, Stay at Home and Safer at Home are being used interchangeably. The difference can depend on the level of enforcement of the order.
What types of visits can I have at Elite Coastal Healthcare during a Shelter in Place, Stay at Home or Safer at Home order?
Elite Coastal Healthcare is offering both well and sick visits during this time. For the safety of our patients, we are performing some of the following:
• Scheduling to reduce wait times and restricting waiting room time
• Sterilizing rooms between each patient visit including door knobs and faucets
• Offering tele-medicine when appropriate
• Performing car visits for any patients with upper respiratory symptoms
• Encouraging patients to notify us of any fever, cough, or possible exposures prior to attending any visits
• Seeing patients in the office ONLY on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to allow for more thorough disinfection of the rooms between days.
• Restricting access to the office to patients only- Please do not bring a guest unless they are required for your care.
• All staff are wearing N-95 masks to protect you as well as themselves from any potential respiratory transmission.
Well visits are a vital component to monitoring your health, as are the routine visits to manage chronic medical conditions. As such these visits are encouraged.
Shelter in Place, Stay at Home and Safer at Home orders do not affect our responsibility to our patients and their families. We will continue to provide LOVING CARE during this time.
Elite Coastal Healthcare Clinicians and Staff